R. Michael Drose
Nature of Practice:
Certified as specialist in bankruptcy/creditor-debtor law by the South Carolina Supreme Court in 1992. Practice limited to financial problem matters since 1981.
Bachelor of Science degree in 1973 from the Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta, Georgia.
Juris Doctor, cum laude, in 1977 from the University of South Carolina School of Law, in Columbia, SC., serving on the South Carolina Law Review as notes editor. Member, Order of Wig and Robe.
Other Positions Currently Held:
Adjunct Professor of Bankruptcy Law at the Charleston School of Law.
- Charleston County Bar
- South Carolina Bar
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- South Carolina Bankruptcy Law Association
- Past member of the House of Delegates for the South Carolina Bar
- Past member of the Local Rules Committee of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of South Carolina
Reviews of Michael Drose from Martindale Hubble
- I would want him as my attorney if I needed his type of legal services.
- Michael Drose is an excellent attorney with the highest ethical standards. He is a credit to the profession and should certainly have an A rating.
- Outstanding attorney in his field
- Michael is known throughout the local community as a lawyer of skill, with high ethics, and posessing a unique ability to counsel clients thorugh the very difficult area of bankruptcy. I have personally referred many clients to Michael — all have been thoroughly pleased.
- Though Michael and I are always on opposing sides of the matter, it is always a pleasure. Too few attorneys take 100% responsibility, are honest, accessible, pragmatic, respectful and humble. Whatever we can do to encourage more attorneys to be like Michael Drose, we should do….100% respect and admiration.